Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back to the Farm

I was planning on elaborating a little more tonight on what I posted last night, but I ended up back at the farm by chance. My girlfriend who is visiting from Colorado, who is big into this type of thing, wanted to see what I was talking about so I took her back there.

This time there were two cows outside grazing but upon further inspection we realized they were pregnant. Under the watchful eyes of the farmer we checked out the (ADORABLE) calves and the pregnant mamas. We then went into the barn for her to see what I saw last night. She was just as sad as I was. Why are these cows chained up, unable to go outside, some in the dark, while they have hundreds of acres that they could graze on? I just don't know. What I do know is that I don't feel comfortable giving them my money. This isn't my kind of place - not what I am looking for. I don't think they are doing anything that would negatively effect people who are consuming this milk/cream/ice cream, but for me it isn't what I'm looking for.

PS there was talk of coming back with chain cutters and freeing the cows but we won't, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment