Monday, May 24, 2010

Chip - in Farm, Bedford, Massachusetts


Those of you who shop at Whole Foods in Bedford, MA may be familiar with the eggs from the Chip-in Farm. When I shop there I look for items bearing the signage "I'm a Local" and I try to buy as many of those items as possible When it comes time to get the eggs, I always choose these. I can't quite remember, but I think the eggs are $3.50-ish a dozen. This weekend when I was going to Whole Foods to get meat, fruit, and vegetables I decided to make the very slight detour (201 Hartwell Road, Bedford, MA) and see what the farm had to offer first.

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, they had eggs, and of course they were fresher and cheaper, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. They had local beef and pork and their own free range frozen chicken. They also had other local products and baked goods, milk and ice cream from Shaw Farm (and others), and organic plants outside. We left having purchased four six-packs of plants, a frozen whole chicken, two pounds of ground beef, two dozen eggs, and two pounds of london broil for approximately $60.

Inside the little barn they had 4H projects from, I assume, the kids who lived on the farm. The animals were friendly and you could get vegetables from the store to feed them.

I would definitely go here again.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, awesome info...I'm going to check it out next week for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete